Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Nick-Senatorial Citation 2/17/10

Hi everyone,

Nick received a Senatorial Citation today from Senator Teresa Fedor after she saw the article on Nick by Dave Hackenburg at The Toledo Blade. (I posted it on the blog in January.) It says it is "Honoring Nick Hyndman For His Extraordinary Achievements". She said, "Overcoming adversity of any form is difficult and you have done it with such vigor, commitment and success. Your talents in music, poetry, academics, and particularly wrestling are the foundations of a vibrant future in whatever career path you choose. I hope you understand the sky is the limit" (by Teresa Fedor) Anyhow, it was so nice and we're proud of Nick. Nick's Head Coach, Matt Boggs, also received one and they took a nice picture together today. (above) Anyhow, below is the e-mail I got from Coach Boggs:

I received an envelop in the mail at school today that was quite shocking. It was sent from the Senate Office. Upon opening it, I realize that there were two wonderfully matted certified letters from Senator Teresa Fedor congratulating Nick and I for
the efforts made these past few months. I had a picture taken with Nick and gave him the original envelop and his "Senatorial Citation". It is and will remain quite an honor for me to receive such an award but most importantly, to work with Nick.
Thank you for all your support and the hard work you and your family do with Nick on a daily basis.

I have attached the picture. Feel free to do with it what you like.
Sincerely,

Matt Boggs
English Teacher
Head Wrestling Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment