Wednesday, February 10, 2010

E-mail from reader

Hi all,

I received this e-mail from a blog reader (thank you Donna!) and I wanted to share it with you in case anyone is interested in their story or has any advice/information she may find helpful that may be different from any information I have posted on siblings. Thanks:)

Blessings:)
Amy

Hi Amy,

My name is Donna Chimis, I found out about you and your family from a woman named Anne Weisblatt of Hope's Friends. I have a 12 yr.old son with quadriplegic cerebral palsy who is totally depended on adult care. I also have a 13 yr. old daughter who really has a hard time with some of Matthew's health issues. As I am writing to you Matthew is in the hospital for a spinal fusion. This hospital stay has been harder than most of our stays because Matt's surgery had to be done in 3 parts. The 1st surgery was Jan 27th, the 2nd was Feb. 4th and the last part of the surgery will be tomorrow. This surgery has been the hardest for my daughter. I was readying a story on your blog written by Isabell and how she feels and what happens to her during a hospitalization. As I was reading it I could not get over how much I was also listening to my daughter Ashley. She often says alot of what Isabell had said during Matt's hospitalizations. She is always worried about him, wanting to see him everyday, having to stay by a family member. or neighbor, or friends house all while going to school, playing volleyball and getting homework. I have tried to get Ashley involved in sibshops but she is too old for the ones that are in our area. Does Isabell have anyone that she talks to that is around her age? I have not shared your blog with my daughter yet, I will have her look at it and see what she thinks, may be won't feel so alone. I would like to make an entry onto your blog but I am not very good at figuring out how to do that. It's probably very easy. Maybe I asked Ashley to help me with that.

When I was looking at your blog I watched the latest video of Nick at his wresting meet. Please tell him great job from our family, what an inspiration he is. Thanks for putting together your blog, it is nice to know that family like ours are not alone.

I will continue to look at your blog but I hope it is ok if I send an e-mail every once in a while.

Donna Chimis

2 comments: