Wednesday, April 13, 2011

E-mail from Reader

Hi Amy!

What a wonderful blog you have (and such beautiful kids!)

I came across your blog, and have shared it with my daughter, Angela. She was stillborn, and went fifteen minutes without oxygen at birth. She was diagnosed with spastic diplegia at two years old... but those first two years (as I'm sure you know) were a rollercoaster ride all by themselves. We've been fortunate in that her CP has not been as severe as it could have been. But, she has still faced challenges in everyday life (sometimes unknowningly). I've always taken a pro-active approach with her treatment(s) and have never allowed her to give up easily. Since Angela's diplegia has been so under-the-radar, for many years Angela has been under the impression that "SHE" was the "only one" who had these challenges.

I think it's great that you are sharing your family experiences with others, and I thank you for doing so :-).

Sharing your blog/story with her allowed me another opportunity to "prove" to her that having any type of disability, no matter how severe or mild it may be, is not an inhibitor in life and should never be the "crutch" for giving up or not trying. (Apparently, when she turned 10, I went from "all-knowing" to "knowing nothing" so showing her stories such as Nick's is the only "real proof"!).

A very good friend of mine has been working on a project that has this very goal in mind. Angela and I have jumped onboard 100% and we'd like to share it with you, possibly get some feedback, and hope that you will share it, too. Please take a look at the trailer that's posted online and let us know what you think.:
http://www.indiegogo.com/the-cohesion-project

If you'd like, you can contact the director, Doug Bollinger, personally (I've also included him in this email).
I am looking forward to hearing back from you, and to keeping up with your blog!

Thank you,

Elizabeth Magistro &; Angela Beller

(Post of The Cohesion Project Info. below!)

No comments:

Post a Comment