Monday, September 20, 2010

Dad Defends His Daughter With Cerebral Palsy

Hi all,

Below is the link to an article about a Dad who defends his daughter with cerebral palsy against bullies on the bus. I know it may be controversial to say this but this man is my HERO. I say, good for him! I would have wanted to do the same thing. I have to wonder what the parents of these bullies think. Are they proud that they've raised kids who think it is "fun and cool" to bully other people with disabilities, or anyone else for that matter? Are they bullies themselves? I can't imagine. No one is perfect as a parent or a person, BUT if my kids EVER did anything like this, well they wouldn't think of it I would bet, but they wouldn't do it again, believe me. Someone needs to put these bullies in their place. And, what about the school tolerance of it and what about the bus company or school transportation where so much bullying occurs? Well, that would be a whole other blog, couldn't it? So, here it is below.

Blessings:)
Amy

http://digg.com/story/r/dad_defends_daughter_with_cerebral_palsy_against_bullies_on_school_bus_video
http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fabcnews.go.com%2FUS%2Fdad-loses-cool-threatens-students-bus%2Fstory%3Fid%3D11660119&sa=D&usg=AFQjCNHMSddKYoAC7s2DGAD4YdXlW0I3Og

1 comment:

  1. I am so with you on this. I didn't hear about this story until a few mintues before I had to go in to work this morning and every time I thought about it throughout the day (and it was a lot), I had to run to the bathroom so nobody would see me cry. I know how it feels to be made fun of for things you have no control over and how nobody around you seems to care. The bus driver always pretends he can't hear what's going on. The other kids usually don't say anything because they'd be making themselves the next target. I remember telling my parents about the things that were happening to me and I got answers like "just ignore it" and "they tease you because they like you" so I'm really impressed with this dad for speaking up. I know I would have done the same thing if anyone was doing that to my daughter. I'm proud to say I've raised a wonderful girl who has often been the only child who has the nerve to stand up to kids doing things like this. She has also stood up to adults in similar situations. It really makes them think when a tiny little girl tells them they're being an jerk (only she puts it much more eloquently). I hope the girl's new school hears about her dad before she gets there so they know they'd better act like decent human beings. Although I've learned that's an awful lot to ask of some people.

    ReplyDelete