Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thank You Everyone

Hi everyone!

It's been way too long since my last post and I plan to get everyone completely caught up, but we first want to thank everyone, our friends, family, work friends, neighbors, for their kindness, e-mails, calls, well-wishes, prayers, etc. We especially want to thank everyone for the meals and the very generous anonymous gift from "friends" of a Super Suppers Meal and generous gift card to Super Suppers! We have been so touched by every one's kindness and help and generosity while I recover!

For those of you who don't know, a couple of weeks ago I had a bad fall one night. It was late, we had just gotten home from visiting family out of town over the kids' spring break. Charger, Nick's service dog, usually sleeps with Nick, but he was in our foyer. I went in to put some clothes in the laundry room and didn't see him, completely tripped and fell hard over him. Thank goodness he is OK!:) I ended up breaking my ankle pretty badly, sprained my arm and other bruises, but the ankle was the worst. So, I just had surgery on it ( a plate and screws put in) last Wednesday. I haven't been able to put ANY weight on it and won't be able to at all for the next 6 weeks, and can't drive, anything. As you can imagine, we had to figure out how to care for Nick and our family during this time. It's been frustrating and tough for me not to be able to do what I normally do, but I keep my attitude in check by reminding myself that my son, Nick, has a permanent condition that will not allow his body to do what he wants it to do, causes pain, and all that CP entails. My condition is temporary, so I have nothing to complain about. How can I whine and complain when all I have to do is think of Nick and what he lives through every day? So, we had to hire a respite person (with the wonderful help of some good people at Nick's school) to come in every morning and get Nick up and ready and to school and then we have to have people help in the evenings and on weekends when Greg is working. The meals have been a god-send really and keeping us going. I don't know what we'd do without all of the wonderful friends and family we have!:) Hopefully, I get a cast on my leg tomorrow if the swelling has gone down enough so I can get on with the healing process and get back on my feet in 6 weeks!

So, we just really want everyone to know how grateful and humbled we are by your kindness and generosity and it has meant so much to us! THANK YOU!:)

With love,
The Hyndman Family
Greg, Amy, Nick, and Isabella

No comments:

Post a Comment