Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Post from Isabella 1/20/10

Hello everyone,

Isabella asked me to post this piece she wrote for the blog. Here it is!

Blessings:)
Amy

A Big Experience

Hi,
It’s me Isabella. I am writing about one big experience I had had involving Nick’s disability. Well I am sure my mom has probably talked to you guys about Nick’s big surgery he had about two years ago. But, I want to talk about it in my point of view. The day he had his surgery we were driving to the hospital and I did not really think it was going to be a big deal. Of course I was wrong!!!! We got there and we were with my grandma and grandpa W. Nick was about to get ready to have his surgery and I was allowed to see him real quick. When I came in there I began to understand how much of a big deal this was. When I came in there I saw tears rolling down his cheek and he was squeezing my grandpa J’s hand. He made my mom cry, he made my dad cry and he made me cry. When we went out he was in surgery for hours. I was waiting with my family for a very, very long time! When he was done only the grown ups were aloud to see him that night, and of course that made me even more sad:( Later that night when I thought I was going to go home to my bed, my parents said I was going with my grandparents. Now don’t get me wrong I love having sleepovers at my grandparents, but I just had a long day, I was worried about Nick and I really wanted to see him. The next day I could not wait to see Nick! I got there and I asked my dad how Nick was because he stayed with Nick while mom went home to feed the dogs. He said, “He was in some pain”. I checked in on him and he was exhausted!! He was moaning in pain like crazy, it made me cry.:( We stayed there the whole day. Again when I thought I was going home, I went to my other grandparent’s house. That night I cried myself to sleep worrying about Nick. For several days and nights and finally he got to come home. When he did he spent most of the time relaxing. I was so relieved that everything was over!:) If you are wondering the results almost everything turned out good except the surgery went a little wrong and know he has permanent nerve damage in his left foot. :(:(:(:( But it has gotten a little better. So as you can see it was a big experience and I don’t think I will ever forget that day!


- Isabella Grace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment