Thursday, November 19, 2009

Disability Is Natural

Hi everyone,

One of my favorite authors and speakers on disability issues is Kathie Snow. She is the parent of a son with cerebral palsy among many other things. She writes about her perspective on a variety of disability issues (inclusion, strategies, "People First Language" and many more).

I've had the opportunity to meet her once while attending a conference in Columbus while I was a Disability Navigator in 2008. I've also purchased some of her books and enjoy sharing her perspective with others.

If you have the opportunity, I would highly recommend you check out her web site at http://www.disabilityisnatural.com/ and you can sign up for a free newsletter which I enjoy, read about Kathie and her family, and get more information.

I always like to share good information and the web site and Kathie's writings are wonderful resources. Even if you don't agree with everything, Kathie's writing has a way of getting you to think about and look at situations in ways you may not have before. I love thought-provoking writing and I'm always open to learn about others' perspectives on things. If you enjoy these things and/or want to read Kathie's work, take some time to check out her web site.

Blessings:)
Amy

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely check out her website. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete