Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Post Received on Facebook Today

Hi all,

This quote was on a friend's Facebook page today and I had to copy it! Here it is:

"I don't think the worst thing that could happen to me is having a child with special needs. I think the worst thing would be to raise a child who is cruel to people with special needs." ~ Matthew Mickelson Butman

I say Amen! Too bad I know some kids like this. We also know some great kids who have been raised to be kind, compassionate, inclusive too. It just amazes me though the number of kids I hear about or read on Facebook (yes, I monitor my son's page and his friends too!) that make ignorant comments and I think, "boy, your parents must be SO proud of you!" UGH! Today, I saw a FB post on a page of one of Nick's friends (who is a sweet girl and great friend to Nick) that said "Wow... look like one of those special kids on the back of the short bus..." in response to a cute picture she put on her FB page. (And by the way, this friend of Nick's and I send messages to each other on FB usually about Nick because she "friend requested" me.)Just one example but these are the kind of things I unfortunately hear about all too frequently.

It's good to be aware and I feel passionate about this kind of thing, obviously, so I had to write about it. Good quote though, huh?

Blessings:)
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment