Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December 7, 1993 - Diagnosis Day

Hi all,

17 years ago today, December 7, 1993, our son, Nick, was officially diagnosed with cerebral palsy when he was not quite four months old. I know I wrote about this day in detail in a previous post.

I remember the day, the overcast, cold, weather, what we were wearing, my face getting hot and tears coming without control. I remember looking at Nick, my baby, thinking how much I loved him and telling him I was going to take good care of him and give him the best life. I remember my throat and chest getting so tight I couldn't talk, ALL of it. It was a defining day in our life and we had no idea what the future would hold. Thinking back, one of the hardest, most frightening things was the unknown. I still feel that way when I think of Nick going off to college and out on his own one day. I know now, though, that whatever happens, things ultimately work out and will be OK.

Blessings:)
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment