Sunday, September 27, 2009

A rap written by Nick - "Prove Them All Wrong"

Prove Them All Wrong

By: Nick Hyndman

16 yrs. ago on an August mornMom and Dad had tears of joy, cause their baby boy was born1 week later after they were sent homeMommy calls daddy on the phoneSaying lil nick is getting sickDocs gave em the news, here’s what they said“He’ll never walkHe’ll never talk”In fact, they were spitting shit about how the best he’ll ever do is barely sitOh yeah, and he’ll have cognitive delaysBut now, 16 yrs. later, this is what I say“Up till this day that I stand here rapping this songI’ve been able to prove them all wrong.”One chance, one life, that’s really all I gotTo show everyone what I am and what I’m notI’m not gonna waste it trying to be like othersBecause if I did, my life would be in the gutterNah, see, what I’m gonna be is the best that I can beIf you got a problem with that, then that’s fine with meCause I know in my heart that from da very startI’ve never given up, and I’ve accomplished so muchI have one major dream that I’ll spend my whole life to achieveThat one dream is to prove them all wrong To get where I’m at 2day, I’ve had to through a lot of hellBut there are some people out there who just can never tellThere are people out there that think I got my life made easyJust because I have some people doing some lil things for meThese are the same people who don’t know about all the pain that I go throughOr all the challenges I take on, that some days are brand newWell, for all these people who think my life is easyFor those people who don’t truly know me24/7 till da break of dawnI’ma be busting my ass off proving ya’ll wrongOne chance, one life, that’s really all I gotTo show everyone what I am and what I’m notI’m not gonna waste it trying to be like othersBecause if I did, my life would be in the gutterNah, see, what I’m gonna be is the best that I can beIf you got a problem with that, then that’s fine with meCause I know in my heart that from da very startI’ve never given up, and I’ve accomplished so muchI have one major dream that I’ll spend my whole life to achieveThat one dream is to prove them all wrongHere we go againThis time, I ain’t even gonna rhymeI’ma just tell it like it isI’ma be having people telling me I ain’t gonna be able to do stuff my whole lifeTo some people being told what they can’t do might be like someone stabbing their heart with a knifeBut not me, haha, I love it when people tell me no, cuz I ain’t never gonna take no for an answerI’ma fight till I do it rightI know I ain’t gonna win every timeCause I ain’t nowhere near perfectI just saying I’ll never give upBecause to me, giving inIs like a sinI’ma say it one final timeFor all of those who thought just because of my appearancesI’d never amount to anythingI’d never walk, I’d never talkWell, all I can say now isLook at me nowSo, go aheadKeep on trying to take me downI’m just in the beginning of this everlasting process of proving ya’ll wrong.One chance, one life, that’s really all I gotTo show everyone what I am and what I’m notI’m not gonna waste it trying to be like othersBecause if I did, my life would be in the gutterNah, see, what I’m gonna be is the best that I can beIf you got a problem with that, then that’s fine with meCause I know in my heart that from da very startI’ve never given up, and I’ve accomplished so muchI have one major dream that I’ll spend my whole life to achieveThat one dream is to prove them all wrongOne chance, one life, that’s really all I gotTo show everyone what I am and what I’m notI’m not gonna waste it trying to be like othersBecause if I did, my life would be in the gutterNah, see, what I’m gonna be is the best that I can beIf you got a problem with that, then that’s fine with meCause I know in my heart that from da very startI’ve never given up, and I’ve accomplished so muchI have one major dream that I’ll spend my whole life to achieveThat one dream is to prove them all wrong

2 comments:

  1. ::wild applause::

    Well spoken, Nick!

    My mother was told pretty much the same thing when I was born 55 years ago, and yet, here I am... happily married, and leaving one career to pursue another. We're only as "disabled" as we believe we are, brother. The light in within all of us... shine on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lawrence!:) You are so right.....

    ReplyDelete